TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS
These terms and conditions apply to the User (Customers, Donors, BSK Members) who uses Bible society of Kenya (BSK) Online payment gateways provided for any payment made to BSK. Kindly read these terms and conditions carefully. By authorizing a payment to BSK through the online payment gateways, it would be treated as a deemed acceptance to these terms and conditions. BSK reserves all the rights to amend these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. It is the responsibility of the User to have read the terms and conditions before using the payment Service.
The following is a summary of the terms for online payments, though not limited to only these terms.
1. Payment(s) through this Service may only be made with a Visa card, Mastercard, Visa Electron,Maestro International or Mobile banking (Mpesa)
2. It’s the responsibility of the user to ensure that in case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice.
3. In case the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment. However, the User agrees that under no circumstances the Payment Gateway Service Provider shall be held responsible for duplicate transactions
4. Before using this Service, it is recommended that the user shall make necessary enquiry about the charges or fees payable against payment type.
5. The Payment information supplied at the time of using the service is processed by the payment gateway of the service provider and is not supplied to BSK. It is the sole responsibility of the User of the service to ensure that the information entered in the relevant fields are correct as per their banking details. It is recommended that you take and retain a copy of the transaction for record keeping purposes, which might assist in resolution of any disputes that may arise out of usage of the service
6. The User agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that the BSK or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
7. Although all reasonable care and security has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the User, BSK does not represent or guarantee that the use of the Services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the Internet.
8. The Applicant agrees that BSK or any of its employees will not be held liable By the user for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond BSK’s reasonable control.
9. The Applicant agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the Applicant shall not use a Debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The Applicant further agrees and undertakes to Provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
10. The Applicant warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details: The Applicant is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions; The Applicant is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate; The Applicant authorizes debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the Payment of fees selected by such Applicant along with the applicable Fees; The Applicant is responsible to ensure that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the Payment of the dues payable or fees dues selected by the Applicant inclusive of the applicable Fee.
11. No warranty: No warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, is given by BSK in respect of the operation of the service.
12. Disclaimer and Limitation of liability: BSK does not accept liability for any damage, loss, cost (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by the User from the use of this service.
13. Governing law: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Kenyan Government
14. Dispute Resolution: Any dispute arising in relation to the terms and conditions will be submitted to a sole arbitrator appointed by BSK under the provisions of the Arbitration and rules in the Laws of Kenyan Government. The venue of Arbitration shall be at an agreed place within the boundaries of the Kenyan Government and shall be determined by BSK
15. Refund/Cancellation Policy: Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
17. It is sole responsibility of the user to pick online payment option. BSK doe not recommend/ prefer/promote any particular method.
18. If payment is made by means of a card that you do not personally own, the permission of the card owner must always be obtained to make payments using the card. In using the system you confirm that you have such permission.
19. BSK does not store or access credit/bank card Information related to payments using such debit or credit card.
20. Security: All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the user making payment, enters them. The site is also secured.
21. Variations to the Terms and Conditions: The BSK reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time and the current version will be that published on this website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS